Kids love after school activities it is enriching, keeps them busy, happy, active and creative. Here are few things you should consider:
Whether you’re road-tripping to a neighboring city or relaxing for a week in the Caribbean, protect your home by following this quick checklist;
• Set a timer to turn exterior and interior lights on and off when you normally would, or use a mobile app to control lights remotely.
• Stop your mail and newspaper deliveries.
• Ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your home and, if necessary, bring your recycling and garbage cans to and from the curb on pickup day.
• Hide and/or lock up valuables, like jewelry.
• Inform your security system provider and local police of your travel dates, so they can take extra steps to protect your home, if necessary.
• Don’t share your travel plans on social media sites.
• Turn off the water supply to your washing machine, sinks and toilets, or consider installing a system that will shut off water where it detects a leak.
• Unplug electronics and appliances, or use a mobile app to control appliances remotely.
• If freezing weather is a possibility: Clear gutters and downspouts, remove garden hoses from exterior faucets and open cabinet doors under sinks to keep your pipes warm.